Type: First Course
1. Set a large pot of water to boil over high heat for the pasta;
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil, and when the mixture is fragrant and just barely golden, 2-3 minutes. Add the minced meat and once it is cooked add the tomato sauce and lower the heat to low. Simmer, covered, while the pasta is cooking;
3. In the meantime, cook the pasta in salted boiling water;
4. When the pasta is al dente, drain it and return it to the pot;
5. Check the seasoning of the sauce, stir the remaining oil into it together with the basil, pour it over the pasta, toss to cover evenly, and top the pasta with freshly grated La Sicilia Hard Cheese.
Spaghetti Cooking time: 8 minutes